Ph.D. in Management (MIT)
Doctor of Commerce (Kobe University)
Professor of Marketing
Marketing, Informal Information Exchange Between Buyers and Sellers.
Fields of Interest
Business Model Innovaiton
- “Profit-enhancing know-how disclosure: A strategic view”, The Manchester School,forthcoming.(co-authored with Noriaki Matsushima)
- The Age of the Consumer-Innovator, MIT Sloan Management Review, 2011, Vol.53, Issue.1, pp.27-35.(co-authored with Eric von Hippel, Jeroen P.J. De Jong)
- Reducing the Risks of New Product Development, MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 47, No.2. 2006, 65-71.(co-authored with Frank T. Piller)
- "The Hypothesis-Testing Ordering System: Anew Competitive
Weapon of the Japanese Convenience Stores in a New Digital
Era", Industrial Relations,Vol.41, No.4,
- "Innovations of Store Ordering Systems in Japan",
in M.R. Czinkota & M. Kotabe (eds.), Japanese Distribution
Strategy, Business Press, 2000, 263-279.
- Previous Studies on the Locus of Innovation and Its Determinants: Literature Review, The Annals of the Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe University, No43, 1999, 49-69.
- "Does Sticky Information Affect the Locus of Innovation:Evidence
from the Japanese Convenience-Store Industry", Research
Policy, Vol.26, 1998, 777-790.